The Tanzania Post-Harvest Management Platform (TPMP) in collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries (MALF), Agricultural Non State Actors Forum (ANSAF), HELVETAS, Department of Agricultural Economics and Business (DAEB) of the University of Dar es Salaam is organizing a two-day conference to be held at the Nkrumah Hall, University of Dar es Salaam on 18th and 19th October 2017.
The objectives of the conference are to:
- Stimulate knowledge exchange among PHM actors.
- Provide opportunities to learn about on-going research and initiatives/programs in the field, and
- Build synergies through networking and finding opportunities for collaboration among PHM actors and inspire cooperation on research.
This conference is part of the on-going effort to develop a National Post-Harvest Management Strategy for Tanzania, under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries in collaboration with ANSAF, HELVETAS, Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) Rural Urban Development Initiatives (RUDI) and other stakeholders. This interaction is expected to trigger discussions with particular reference to topics and issues of significance to the agricultural transformation and industrialization move in the developing world and in Tanzania in particular. The closing ceremony will be marked by key takeaway messages and an “award” event to recognize individuals or organizations who have significantly contributed towards post-harvest management in Tanzania.
All interested participants are invited to submit abstracts on the conference themes listed below. We welcome interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary oriented abstracts. Authors may also submit abstracts on other themes relevant to the wider field of postharvest management and agricultural transformation. Abstracts must be in English and should not exceed 300 words. Submitted abstracts should contain name(s) of author(s), affiliations and email addresses. The submitted abstract should clearly indicate the preferred mode of presentation (oral or poster). The submission deadline is 15th September 2017. Confirmation of acceptance to the selected abstracts will be communicated to authors by 20th September 2017. Send your abstract to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Practices and strategies for post-harvest loss reduction
- Innovations including ICT and financing in post-harvest technologies for Industrialization
- Post-harvest management and food and nutrition security nexus
- Climate change and post-harvest dynamics
- Policy and enabling environment for post-harvest management and industrialization
- Gender and youth in post-harvest management